Saturday, February 2, 2008

Month three: The Mystery of the Baby Bunter, A Nancy Drew Original:)


I can't stop talking or thinking about it. How does it have such magical powers? And, how can I harness them for all time? Or market them and make millions?

Madeus is now regularly taking an almost three hour nap in the morning and a three hour nap in the afternoon. But... only in his Gap sweater bunter. I put his sweater bunter in his pram and put him in it.
He rubs his face back and forth on the fur. If he was crying before, he automatically calms down and usually begins to coo. And, he has never lasted in the bunter more that ten minutes without falling sound asleep.

I feel entirely redeemed. I wanted this thing all winter. It is a beautiful knit brown sweater material on the outside with built in mittens and hood. The best thing is it is fully lined with a fake fur which is the softest thing in the world. Well, it finally went on major sale in January, probably because it is completely impractical for North Carolina weather. But I bought it anyway and was made fun of constantly... until he started sleeping non stop.

Now, I am obsessed. They are not online so I need to find them in stores to get them for my friends. I need one in a bigger size too. Sure, it will be summer by the time he needs a bigger size, but maybe I can just put him naked in the bunter and he won't get too hot? We need to know if this really is the bunter because if so we need to start making sheets out of the fur and other various sleeping accessories. The baby books said you shouldn't rely on props for bedtime. But...they never mentioned anything about clothing. And, heck, I have been relying on clothing my whole life and I am well adjusted right?

The best thing is that the naps are so predictable and easy, and free up long chunks of time. The worst thing is that I am so amazed by its magical powers I spend the new free time either staring at Madeus sleeping, checking his breathing, or blogging about it. So...that is kind of a problem:)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Letia, this cracks me up. I can actually invision you madly dashing from one Gap store to the next looking for this particular item. I love it!!

Anonymous said...

I am patenting one for adults immediately.

How great will it be to sleep throug the night! Letia's Mom