Thursday, February 21, 2008

Month four - Colorado Rocky Mountain High

Things I learned while taking Madeus on his first trip to Colorado:
~Flying with a newborn IS as hard as it looks.
~Madeus needs ALOT of sleep to be at his happiest.
~Backed up sewers are NO fun.
~My bugaboo stroller was SO worth it.
~It is surreal to bring YOUR baby into YOUR childhood bedroom.
~Mad hates the bottle AS MUCH in Colorado as he does in North Carolina.
~It is hard to mix business AND pleasure.
~You CAN visit 22 people in 6 days, but you WILL be tired.
~If Mad hasn't pooed in four days, he WILL do so on the plane, TWICE, and with gusto.
~Dance Dance Revolution is SO fun and it it is most DEFINITELY a workout.
~There is absolutely NOTHING better than time with good family and friends.
~AND... I now TOTALLY understand needing a vacation from your vacation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it is possible to love a grandson as much as you love his mother.

Letia's mom

Anonymous said...

Even though I saw Madeus IN person in Colorado, reading your blog was when I realized it: I just exclaimed, "Oh! Letia's a MOM!" out loud. What a woman! It was so wonderful to see you and Mike and the little guy. Jessie

theamaros said...

This makes me laugh... I totally understand all your points and directly experienced at least 80% of them. Especially dance dance revolution and needing a vacation from a vacation... amen, sister!