Thursday, May 15, 2008

Month seven: Life of a 6 Month Old

Madeus at six months old...

has just learned how to scream, loves the sound of it, and is doing it to his delight, not mine, everywhere.


is usually rather mellow, hates a lot of movement (no swings, vibrations, etc), and is most content on a lap listening to conversation.

is very ready for food, follows beverages and food to your mouth and is mad when they are not for him.


grunts to show frustration.

loves to say baahhh, bsssst(with spit), gurrrr.

laughs when you tickle his neck.

goes to everyone but is starting to seem a little more nervous when he realizes he is not with Mike or I.

literally pants when he is about to be fed, on both sides.

has just started to be soothed by singing.

spits up still quite a bit.

loves lemons and dill pickles.

wants to drink the bath water.

rubs his head into my chest when he is sleepy and will occasionally rub noses with me.

anticipates dream feeds, eyes closed, and mouth open.

rubs his furry blanket over his face when he is falling asleep.

seems to be growing bored more easily with his mobile.

sleeps a lot still, 2 1/2 hr nap in the morning, 1 hr midday, 2hr afternoon and 7:30-7 at night.


studies faces with his hands.

is quick to give away smiles.

loves his soft blocks but refuses to roll over for one that has gotten away.

has found his penis aka Peter Pan, let the fun begin ( I know I shouldn't have an alternative name for it but remember I thought I was having a girl so give me time to adjust).

needs to be out and about between the hours of 4-7 or else.

holds a cup well, drinks ok, spills well.

has just started to reach and therefore, knocked over the cream at the restaurant this week.

rubs the back of his head when he his tired, often leaving little scratches from his nails.

sits by himself although he quickly loses balance.

makes my heart hurt a lot.



4 comments:

amandakate said...

I love your words, and I love that you are capturing this journey of his. You are so dear in my heart!

Anonymous said...

Letia my dearest daughter and most wonderful mother of Madeus Mahoney - you blow me away with your insight and compassion and pure heart.

You are encapsulating a legacy of moments for Madeus and for all of us as well.

With your words, I am immediately present with you, Mike and our little man.

Love, the proudest, most in awe Mom

Unknown said...

wow, what a great post. you really nailed this one on the head.

theamaros said...

i understand the heart hurting part. the pickle part, not so much :)