Firetrucks and police cars. When he hears a fire engine, he runs to the window screaming "Fire!" Not because he knows what they do but because that is what he calls them. He can't get enough. For his birthday "party" his four two year old friends visited the fire station. He was awe struck.
Tantrum and whining. He is so particular. Everything has to be a certain way, and there is not figuring out the way ahead of time. We make him angry a lot by not being able to read his mind - although I am not sure he really know what he wants either.
Balls and Walks. He rarely wants to be in his stroller anymore and he rarely goes anywhere without a ball in his hand.
Yogurt and granola. All the time.
Phrases and song. So much talking is happening, all at once. He repeats everything. He loves to say "I did it" "No more night night" "All done" He started singing Twinkle Little Star and his Alphabets (although they are hard to decipher). He loves to talk about colors and point to everything in books so that you will repeat. This is all happening so fast and so much, every time I am surprised that this one time little baby is going to soon be talking regularly with me. It seems to have eased some of the frustration he feels and expresses. I hope that continues:)
Instigating and teasing. I think this has stemmed from his relationship with our dog, Mahna Mahna. In their version of fetch, he takes Mahna's ball and runs from him. The dog chases him and then he throws the ball. He has started doing this with his friends, with a mischievous grin, while his friends cry. He then runs back to them to give back what he has taken. It looks like it may be a problem...

No comments:
Post a Comment