I had a snap shot day last week with Madeus, filled with moments that felt so simple and perfect that I wanted to live in them forever. In one moment, we were on our way to the car and we saw a police car turning on the street. I crouched down - I don't know why, it is something I do to build excitement when I am trying to keep Mad occupied. Well, he came next to me and crouched down too as we waited for the police car to turn. The officer saw Madeus and flashed his lights for him and waved. Madeus waved back.
In the second moment, we were running hand and hand in Home Depot to the Christmas section. There was an inflatable snowman, and lawn deer that moved. He was amazed. When he saw "Dada" coming he ran to him and pulled him to the animals. He was so excited pointing and showing Michael, that he was jumping up and down so much that he fell back - but caught himself so no ER trip.
Nothing extraordinary and nothing I can even really describe in order to capture it, but I hope these little details will trigger what those moments made me feel for years to come.

1 comment:
I remember in Home Depot that he was running to be under the inflated Santa and he jump stopped, but he slid because the floor is slick concrete. It was hilarious, and just filled us with joy.
Another behavior - Mad is taking us (and Zane, and Moma (Chris), and Popa aka Pops (Joe)) by the hand to lead us away from what we are doing to his room to play with us or to play "Rock the Boat" on his bed
Post a Comment