"I want Ice Cream!"... is what we heard from Mad's room at 5am this morning and then nothing, he continued to sleep.
Daydreams, night dreams, nightmares, and pretend have exploded within the last three months.
He makes up stories all of the time. For some reason they all start with "One time I was with my grandfather..."
His preschool teacher asked him how his little brother was. He told her that Dempsey was in the hospital because he fell on top of him!
He talks to his stuffed animals and cars: his cars talk to each other, fight with each other, and work out other friendship issues.
He often says he has a bad dream, but many times he has not yet closed his eyes but knows bad dreams have garnered sympathy in the past.
He has had his first nightmares which range from laughable to heartbreaking. In one, Daddy would not let him eat M&M's. In several more serious dreams he is lost from us in the streets. And the night after he stopped using a pacifier, I found him crying on his knees searching under the bed for a "boppy(pacifier)". He kept insisting one was under his bed and he said "Mommy, will you please help me." I picked him up and put him back in his bed. He instantly fell asleep but I stayed up, feeling upset about encouraging him to give up the pacifier.
Madeus is fun to talk to and his stories or um...fabrications, make it even more fun to hear what he has to say...even at 5am.

No comments:
Post a Comment