Monday, January 7, 2008

Month one and two: The first two month Madeus Awards

Wednesday marks the end of month two and the beginning of month three so I thought I would give out some Madeus awards.
Height:
23 inches, just over 50th percentile
Weight: 12.4, 75th percentile!
Head: Giant, 95th percentile!

Favorite memory: Too many. . . Madeus' first meetings with
both moms, my Dad, sister, Mike's brother and my sister-in-law, and my good friend Cathie who have all flown in to see the little man. His first night bundled up in bed. His first smiles and laughs. Sleeping with us in bed. Naps with him on our chest.Watching him watch Michael "learn" the guitar.

Biggest accomplishment: Madeus smacked one of the toys hanging from his play station this week which was a
big step in awareness. Close runner-ups: He lost in umbilical cord in 4 days, slept 7 1/2 hrs straight, and found his tongue and his hand and put the two together.

Favorite game: Sticking his tongue out after you stick yours out and/or having hair dangled in his face.


Favorite item: Hands down his mobile in his changing station.

Best outfit:
Too many but we will go with a tie for christmas pjs, teddy bear snow suit, and indy rocker mafia outfit, and the softest as the Gap teddy bear collection

Quickest outfit change:
A few weeks ago Madeus went through five outfits in 6 minutes, pooh, spit-up, spit-up, diaper leak, spit-up

The holy $%^& we made it through award:
The first two nights of the sport of extreme crying. Extra special award goes to Michael's mom Marcy, who rocked him constantly through the night while practicing her fox trot:) Runner-up: Taking Madeus to the movies to see Juno. He was great but I was a nervous wreck. I don't think I will be doing that for a long while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Letia, this blog fills me with so much emotion. I thank you so much for taking the time to do it. I feel so very close to you all because of be able to read about our little man on a regular basis.

Everytime I read through it, I see something else to make me happy.

Love to you - you're a fantastic mommy

Your mom

amandakate said...

Oh Letia, I, too, love this feeling of close connectivity to your life. Your writing escorts me through beautifully. I know time is short with all you are undertaking, but I am thrilled to have a way to be a part of you, Mike and Madeus' growing moments. I love you.

Your very thankful best friend...
a to the k

Unknown said...

Why is learn in quotes???!!!