Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Origins of Rockin' Our Madeus

There are several thoughts, events, feelings that have propelled me to enter into the realm of a blogger.

I gave birth to my first child, a son, Madeus Mahoney Frandina. The need to write overwhelms me and the loss of my journal from the pregnancy has made me mentally unable to start a new handwritten journal.

I have a wonderful friend from graduate school who has been chronicling her son's first year via a blog. Her ability to combine the everyday thoughts with the monumental moments of having a child along with pictures and lists in an organized manner inspired me.

We have just finished the holidays here. Now that we are once again apart from our family and many of our friends, I feel the urgency to record the moments they will miss and somehow offer a portal for them, if so desired, into his moments through my thoughts.

I am hopeful that the responsibility of having a potential audience will provide me with the discipline to write that which I want to write but never do.

Finally,more than ever I find myself wondering about my grandmother's thoughts when my mother was born, and my mother and father's thoughts when I was born, and I hope that this may be a lasting document for the history of our family.

So cheers to new experiments and a Happy New Year!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm very happy that you are doing this, it's really nice to see some of our goings-on recorded for others to share in.

theamaros said...

I just read this one for the first time... I was like - I wonder who she's talking about? Who else blogs from grad school about their son?! :)